Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Sensory Overload

tonight is a chilly nite. i wrap myself around with my newly bought throw thinking about us. the murmurs of sweet nothings. duvet cover. cobblestones. orange light. there's a long silence in the room after i hung up the phone. i miss you.

i can see in my mind the shadowy contours of your body laying next to me. the rhythmic breathing. and hand holding. i want to trace your jaw line, kiss you and melt into you. memory and imagination are so crucial in states like this. otherwise, with what could i fill in the blanks.

we almost missed each other. it gives a pinch in my heart when i realise how fragile everything i hold in my hands is. one insensitive utterance, one day too late, one voicemail not heard, one email not sent, one coach not taken, and we’d be somewhere else. it’s so strange how sometimes all it takes is one second. or one minute. for something big to sweep into our lives unexpectedly and change everything.

but baby, you're in my world now. i didnt say much when you poured your heart out to me. thats not because i dont feel the same. i'm addicted to you. i just didn't know what to say. i was, overwhelmed with the swirl of emotion and all the fuzzy feelings in the pit of my stomach.

i like the sound of the future with you. and when i said i want to be with you, i meant also i want to share that last drop of lemonade with you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

why lemonade? and if u only have one drop left, i do not want to take it or share half of that from u la. ppl will think i am very cheap la. how about we share a bottle of Guinness togather~:D(but u need to pay half as well, haha)