Wednesday, August 13, 2008

4.30pm today

Nervous. Excited. Blood rushed. This is what I'm feeling now, fleetingly so. There's this buzz and a whole big mush of feelings and emotions growing sporadically in the pit of my stomach. My heart pounds and pumps and whirls as I dialled upon that familiar number; part of me's hoping that you'll never pick up the phone, while the other part of me's eagerly anticipating to hear your voice. I was afraid, afraid of having doors close right in my face, afraid that the warmth is only coming from my side.

'Hello', you pick up the phone only after 3seconds; my breath hitches.

My heart is swirling with lemon and lemonade. this time, I've more lemonade. At least the towel is off the couch now. How could you use it as a cover in the first place. You said you werent surprised about the call. Were you anticipating it, just like how I sometimes do; staring at the mobile phone and wishing your name will suddenly flashes on the screen.

I liked how you still sound the same. You did mean it when you said you're extremely happy rite even though that's what I made you said.

And so tonight. I'm happy. happier. Because I never let that fear to stop me from what I wanted to do but afraid to.

No comments: