Monday, May 12, 2008

How many rings would you like?

A friend asked me the other day, how many sets of ring should he prepare for his proposal then engagement and then the wedding itself. That, had seriously caught me thinkin for a while, not exactly bout the ring, but more on how guys actually think and plan for all these. it's cute, and funny at the same time. Hehe. you just love them at times like these.

Anyways, the thing is I never thought that how many rings to prepare can be a question of itself. The initial instinct told me that, aint 2 enough? Till he threw me with the question: don't you think I should get 2 rings for the proposal, 2 for the engagement and 2 for the wedding; or maybe 1 for the proposal, 2 engagement, 2 wedding; or 2 for proposal and engagement, 2 for the wedding. I was intrigued! and was like, wow. that's a lot of rings to get.

I don't know seriously. Do people really get that many rings to get to the marriage stage?

3 comments:

Johnny Ong said...

it also depends on budget. from yr blog post, it looks like this guy has no issue on budget ..... tell him, it depends on u. got budget - buy 2 for each occasion....hehe

no budget, 1 ring will suit all

Jean said...

heh. but 6 rings eh?!! i'll tell him.

ask you a question. why do proposal need 2 rings? aint it just for the girl? does the guy need one as well? =p

Johnny Ong said...

yeah, the guy needs to wear one too to tell the world that he's engaged.

so there's the engagement ring and wedding ring (as far as i know)