Sunday, June 17, 2007

Congenital anomalies

'If you knew that your baby will have some form of birth defects after neonatal screening, be it mild or severe, would you consider to have the baby anyway or would you opt for abortion?'

Came across this question while watching one of the programme on TV. The host conducted a survey and not to my surprise, abortion seems to be the way to go for most people.

What touches me were the family that hold on to it. They have been brave! The struggle that they have to go through in bringing up the child is tremendous! Physically, mentally, monetorily and emotionally, they have to be strong. And the kids, they're all so young and innocent! One of the mum lost controls while speaking about her experience, and that captivates my heart! I was touched. Really touched. It's been difficult for her. Yet, she survives through it.

It's a great thing to realise how lucky we are, to live normally.

I'm pleased with what I have.

No comments: