Monday, November 5, 2007

It's Bonfire Night!!

A lil history bout the 5th November - The guy Fawkes Day! That’s the date back in 1605 when that pesky Guy Fawkes, a member of a group of English Roman Catholics, tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament! And every year, there'll be a fun-for-all effigy big, brash bonfires, with plenty of fireworks and carnival parades, to commemorate the failure of the Gunpowder Plot of Guy Fawkes.

Tonight, Hyde Park was packed with a sea of people. I was one of them. =p Bonfire was litted up in the middle of the park for a whole 1 hour in this freezing night, and followed by a 20 mins firework display. Nothing to shout bout, but am enjoying it! The cool breeze, that warm and glaring bonfire, it's just, gratifying. And it's amazing to see soo many people are lighting up fireworks (it's legal in UK) to celebrate the night. It's everywhere, and at every sight through out the whole night, even now when I'm in my room, the sound effect of the fireworks are non-stop. Sheesh, why am I back sooo early?

It's a symphony of fireworks ochestra!


My Japanese housemate and I and the bonfire

Look at the people. It's simply, massive!

No comments: