Monday, September 10, 2007

4th day in Leeds

It's my 4th day here in Leeds. All I can say is that, wow, there are really a lot of international students here. I've met some from Japan, France, Brazil, Uganda, Jordan, Turkey, Zimbabwe, India, Malawi, Scandinavian and heh, a lot others that I cldn't quite recall where they're from. =p

It's been great! Still gotta get myself familiarize with the roads and how to get around places thou. The city tour aint helpin a lot (as yet). It's either I'm just sooo bad at directions, or the roads are simply messy. It'll take a while I know. Just hope that it's not goin to take too long.

It's a very different experience as compared to when I was in Melbourne. To open a bank account is quite a headache thou. Unlike in Melbourne, we could get our account done in 1 day, whereas here, it takes 5 to 7 days, and without a bank account, I can't complete my university registration. Which means, I won't be getting my student ID. Which means, I won't be able to access to a lot of things. And international students are not entitled to a lot of freebies. =(. Must have been too many problems in the past with the international students. Grrr. =p

Hehe. But, I'm lucky that I've also met a few Malaysian friends. They all have been very helpful and nice. A lil too much crap sometimes, but I'm sure those are what I'll seek for whenever I miss home. =) I wonder if people from other countries crap as much as the Malaysians and Singaporeans? Hmmm

No comments: