Saturday, September 8, 2007

Leeds, here I am!

It's been a long day. After 14 hours of flight, and another hour of train trip, I'm finally here, in Leeds. Was picked up by the Greet and Meet people from the University of Leeds and headed straight to my temporary accommodation. It's already 5pm by the time I checked in. All exhausted, I was. The weather was good thou, not as cold as I thought. =)

Anyways, it's amazing that I met soo many people along the way. Nancy, an Australian, but Malaysian origin, whom I met on the train, has been really helpful. And it's sooo lucky of me to have met her. At least I've now got a friend here. She's lend me two pillows and a bedsheet (oh yea, there's nothing provided at the accommodation, no pillows, no blanket or quilt, no bedsheet). And hehe, I know where I can bunk in now should I have no place to stay. =p

Will do a city and campus tour tomorrow, and lets see what Leeds is offering! =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey ex-monitor. At Leeds to further your studies? I was in Manchester last year! Anyway, Juin will be back in London in another couple of weeks. It's kinda hard for me to believe that every year there'll be a few schoolmates staying there. A few more in London and Loughborough if I'm not mistaken. Blek.

Jean said...

WYZ? Who's this? and who's Juin?

Anonymous said...

hey all the best in leeds! take care and haf fun!

Jean said...

Thank you SS. I'm sure I'll enjoy myself over here. =)