Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Earth Tremor

My bed shakes, abrasively. It's mid night, I'm alone, and it freaks me quite a bit. Why on earth is my bed shaking?! For a second I thought it's the unit below doing some harsh job, but that doesn't make sense. It's a bit non sensical to be real. Holding on to my laptop (that's my baby), I dont know why I den look out the window. All I can see is only the swaying tree branches. And the chilly wind brushing agaisnt my cheek.

The tremor doesn't stop. I can feel it's coming from the bottom. The building, the building is shaking now! Still in doubt, I choose to stay on my rocking bed, the long standing mirror which is leaning against the wall is quivering too, adding sound effect telling something is not too right. And the side table is wobbling. It feels as though something is goin to collapse. My instinct tells me, quick, save your assignments, that's the last thing you want to lose if anything happens. And it's just sooo funny to think bout it now. My assignments are more important? Oh yea.

10 seconds. It all happens within a short 10 seconds, or maybe long. So yeap, we've this lil earth tremor in the UK, across 6 or more counties. Unexpected, but apparently it's not uncommon as they'd worse earthquake in 2002 with some damages.

update: BBC reported the earthquake. I didn't know it's a 5.2 in magnitude earthquake.

No comments: