Monday, February 4, 2008

Pancake Day 2008

It's pancake day tomorrow!! which is also known as the Shrove Tuesday. Something new isn't it? Well, at least it is to me. Wonder why didn't I come across this when I was in Melbourne since they celebrate it as well. Hmmm.

I should probably make myself one too tomorrow since it is the one day of the year where everyone eats a pancake!! How could I not follow the custom when I'm here in the UK? rite? Heh. =p

So, what's so special bout pancake day? Lara said it's the last day before Lent, meaning it's the last day of you to indulge yourself and use up all the foods that aren't allowed in Lent. Pancakes are eaten because they contain fats, butter and eggs which were forbidden in Lent and are believed to be of good luck (errr, ok).

Never knew there's such a story behind the pancake thou I've eaten it soooo many times.

Pancake, I'll have you tomorrow! And I'm feeling hungry now.

Oh, I love crepes too!!! My fav in Oz I tell you!

No comments: