Friday, December 21, 2007

Christmas oh Christmas

The Christmas deco's in the shopping complexes are sooooooo awesomely beautiful!

It's kinda strange that I've never really paid attention to them when I was home and only now I want to see more, and take pictures of and with it. Hmm. Human nature huh, when you don't have it you want it even more.

It's very different here as there aint many big shopping complexes, small shops don't do as much decos and they're only ordinary. We have shopping streets though. =p So, really there aint nothing fantabulous to check out other than the street deco and lightings. Where's all the excitement? Where's all the chrismassy stuff?

I'll be missing the fireworks and countdown! I've been searching high and low for information on how Leeds celebrates New Year's eve and it's so disappointing that I didn't get much out of the search. And no, fireworks display is not even mentioned. Countdown has to be accompanied by fireworks. No?

Was just talking to Hiromi the other day on how we normally wrap up the year. I've always spent my Christmas and New Year's eve with my family, if not close friends and a lot of eating and drinking and get high, in spirit (hehe), and last but not least, fireworks and lots of hugging. It's always a loud, merry and people festive celebration.

Awww. I'm starting to miss the Christmas and New Year celebration back home now. With my folks and crayzee sisters and friends and fireworks and the warmth. I like a white christmas but apparently its not goin to happen here, most people have gone back to thier home or travelling, why am I stuck here with the books? Awww. Sheesssh. I'm expecting a quite peaceful (nicely put) christmas and new year this year, but not thiiiiiiiis quiet eh!

No comments: