Thursday, March 27, 2008

Dreams

Talkin bout dreams, all I know is that my dreams have shrunk with time I dont know if it's even right to call them dreams now.

There are so many more things in the front cue screaming for my attention, constantly reminding me of the reality, and all I can do and have done was pushing my dreams further and further from the core. Den, this one girl who talked bout her dream a year ago is now walking her dream. It shruck me a chord, would I have the guts to do the same? I've always dreamt of travelling around the globe, just like her, and falling in love with the passers-by, indulging in every different cultures, sing a local song and dance a local dance.

Some say, talk bout dreams only when you are financially secured, it is the bitter cruel world we are living in, money can buy dreams, but never otherwise. Not common anyway. Some say, just follow the call, we have to start somewhere and lets not let the money issue, career issue or what have you stop you from chasing your dreams. Things will eventually fall into place once you have the first step layed down.

And all these boil down to the very key issue, choice. How does one want his/her life to be?

I'm still searching my soul. What do I really want.

Dreams, exist becoz of choice.

1 comment:

Johnny Ong said...

i always encourage ppl to dream as big as they can. the reason being is simple. if u dream small dreams and if u didnt achieve it, it wld have been some small steps which have been achieved along the way.

but if u dream big dreams and u didnt achieve the exact big dreams, u wld have fallen short of it somehow but that cld been much more than yr small dreams. thus, in the end u wld gained more.