Saturday, March 22, 2008

Prague - Czech Glass

Czech is famous for its Czech glass, or sometimes called the Bohemian glass (that is just becoz Bohemia was a part of the former Czechoslovakia). Glass and crystals shops are everywhere, literally, in the old town and new town in Prague, so many of them you simply just cannot miss it. And its soo cool to actually see the actual engraving done by the glassmaker on the spot. Every single cut he made was so delicate and precise. I am seriously amazed by the skill from head to toe!

The glassmaker is engraving the glass with the aid of the rotating wheel.

this is the original red glass with nothing on it.

and this is the product after cutting. Each and every lines was so very carefully engraved. Say, isnt it awesome!

Look at this details!

Some of the glass are plated with gold. So beautiful and elegant!



How I wish I'm loaded now then I can buy them for my future home. I love the coloured glass!

2 comments:

Johnny Ong said...

heard abt such glasses being produced in eastern europe that are being exported thru out the world. it's really eye opening to see it with yr own eyes

Jean said...

ohh yeaaa! and it amazes me how the glass is engraved bit by bit to form a pattern or a motif!